Like we said… even healthy nutrition NEEDS to be tasty! Or who would want to do it?
Our goal is to take delicious foods, and put a healthy spin on them.
Here is a delicious taco recipe for any Tuesday (Just kidding… any day that ends is day).
FOR THE CHIPOTLE-LIME SAUCE
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% is best!)
- Juice of 2 lime
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a can of chipotles in adobo – more if you like your sauce a bit more spicy!)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves *optional – if you think it tastes like soap, you can leave it out!
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 avocado
FOR THE TACOS
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound extra-large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (save yourself a huge amount of time, and buy a bag of cabbage coleslaw!)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (sliced in half or quarters)
- 1 avocado cubed (optional)
- 1 chopped red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup cubed mango (optional)
- lime wedges and chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
For the sauce – add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth! Easy Peasy.
TO MAKE THE TACOS
Prepare the shrimp (devein and rinse), and put in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle the mixture of spices on top. Fry the shrimp until no longer opaque (fully cooked). Set aside. Combine the cabbage, tomatoes, and any of the optional toppings you like. Place cooked shrimp, cabbage, and extras on your tortilla, drizzle with the sauce, and ENJOY!