🍏Tasty Tip Tuesday🍏
How to create a healthy lunch bowl!
Step ONE – Choose a healthy carb
Step TWO – Add some fresh veggies and greens
Step THREE – Top it off with some protein
-Rotisserie chicken (extra easy!!)
-Preservative free lunch meat
Step FOUR – Top it off
-Nuts or seeds
-A sprinkle of cheese
-Homemade salad dressing
*Mix and match your choices each week to keep it interesting, and to try out new flavours!
Creamy Honey Balsamic Dressing:
- 5 small cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tablespoon honey (if you like the flavour of maple syrup, you can sub the honey for maple syrup!)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- *Blend all ingredients until smooth, and store in a mason jar. Also works awesome as a marinade!
Let’s talk more about nutrition!