The thing about getting healthy (and staying healthy) is this… it takes effort. There is, in fact, no magic to it. It takes a bit of time, a bit of energy, and a bit of planning.
Set aside some time today to plan and prepare for a week of success.
Batch cooking can be a really great way to get ahead, and plan for those busy days.
These Feta & Spinach Turkey Burgers are a great way to get in some healthy protein – not to mention they freeze great if you want to do up a big batch and save for later.
So here is what you’ll need!
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey (you can also use ground chicken, or a mix of either with some ground beef if you like!)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves , chopped very fine
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes , chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion , minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic , pressed or minced
- 2 egg , whisked
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup small flake oatmeal (uncooked)
- In a large bowl, hand mix all ingredients until well combined. Form patties with hands, making a small indent into the centre of each – this helps them cook evenly.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan over medium heat and spray well with cooking spray. Place burgers in your pan, and cover, flipping your burgers after 4-5 minutes or until crisp. Each pan is different, so make sure you watch yours so they don’t burn. Check and make sure the centre of your burgers are cooked. Alternatively, you can grill your burgers – we use camping cooking sheets on our BBQ, and it works perfectly every time!
- Enjoy with topping such as cucumbers, lettuce, tomato, tzatziki and fresh red onion.
- You can also freeze and save for later!
Need some more help with your nutrition?
We would love to chat
Click here to book your free nutrition consult!